Denver Foothills Explorer Tour – Active Sightseeing or Hiking
This four hour tour through the Foothills is a great quick escape from the city. Explore our closet playground and get a taste of why we have chosen to live in this fantastic state. Experience the famous Red Rocks Amphitheater, spectacular vistas and some unique small towns. Drive through the scenic Bear Creek Canyon, stroll along a beautiful mountain lake and have a coffee/beer in downtown Evergreen. Follow Lariat Loop and enjoy great views of the Rockies and the Plains while driving through Golden back into Denver.
Visit Red Rocks Amphitheatre “the only naturally-occurring, acoustically perfect amphitheater in the world”*. It has been a centerpiece of cultural and concert events since 1941. Visit the visitor center which documents many of the concerts over the years.
Continue on the Lariat Loop through Bear Creek Canyon and pass through the town of Evergreen, where you can walk along a peaceful lake and get a coffee or beer in historic downtown.
Drive the scenic route to Lookout Mountain with great views of the Rockies and the Plains back into Denver.
- Visit the world famous Red Rocks Amphitheater and the legendary concert museum
- Enjoy the spectacular views on Lookout Mountain where Buffalo Bill was laid to rest
- Explore Evergreen and the Lariat Loop
- Optional stop at Dinosaur Ridge to view dinosaur tracks and fossils.
- Stop at the world famous Red Rocks Amphitheater.
- Stop in Evergreen for a coffee and/or walk along the Evergeen Lake
- Enjoy the views on Lookout Mountain where Buffalo Bill was laid to rest
- Optional (time permitting) visit to Dinosaur Ridge, a place where some of the world’s most significant Dinosaurs where found. You have the option to walk to some of the sights or take a guided 45min bus tour with an expert guide ($5).
How long is the tour?
Approximately 4 hours
What is included in the tour?
Transport, guide, water.
How old do I need to be for the tour?
Any age is welcome.
How much walking during the tour?
Walking is possible but not required.
Can I cancel the tour?
If you cancel the tour within 72 hours you will get the full refund. You can transfer your purchase anytime to someone else as long as you notify us before the tour.
Are there restroom breaks along the way?
Yes, every major stop has a restroom.
What if the weather is bad?
Tour usually does not cancel unless the weather is REALLY bad. We would notify you and refund you the full amount.
- Valid 21 ID if you plan on doing brewery tour
- Sunglasses and hat
- Check the weather forecast and dress accordingly.
- Wear layers so that you can shed them if you are hot and bundle up if you are cold.
- Light hiking shoes or sneakers with good tread is best.
- If sight-seeing only – comfortable footwear with tread so that you can get out at the rest and viewing stops.
- Bring at least one liter of water per person. We will supply some water but you may need more.