Fall Color in the Rockies
Rocky Mountain National Park
Experience a Tour of Rocky Mountain National Park
Experience an incredible day journey to Rocky Mountain National Park. See the continental divide, the backbone of North America and the world’s largest mountain barrier. We will take you through historic towns and beautiful landscapes. Enjoy the great outdoors with many stops to observe the magnificent views, wildlife, and take pictures of the remarkable scenery.
Drive from Denver through Boulder and Lyons, through the small mountain town of Estes Park, a popular destination at the entrance of the National Park. Drive by the Stanley Hotel, a beautiful historic building, famous for its inspiration for the book and movie “The Shining”.
Head into Rocky Mountain National Park which covers a total of 415 square miles. Renowned for its scenery, views and wildlife including elk, deer, moose, black bear, marmots, hawks, eagles and more, incredible alpine and subalpine vistas and 72 peaks above 12,000ft. Drive into the park and follow Trail Ridge Road all the way to the highest point of 12,183 feet. Enjoy a picnic lunch along the way*. Stop at many sightseeing spots during this tour, to view and to take pictures of snow capped peaks, meadows and fantastic views of the valley. There are opportunities to walk around at various stops and take in the breathtaking scenery.
*Price of picnic lunch is included in our $115 group tour price. Lunch and additional activities are priced separately for all private tours.
- Stunning mountain landscapes
- Wildlife viewing
- Magnificent viewpoints
- Connect with the great outdoors and take an optional hike.
Is there a lot of hiking or walking on the tour?
We are flexible in terms of your needs. There are many possibilities to hike or walk but we can also accommodate for people who prefer sight-seeing only.
How long is the tour?
The tour is all day and there could be delays based on traffic, or weather. Please do not schedule anything for early evening.
What if I cancel the tour?
For a full refund, there is a 72hour cancellation policy. You can transfer your purchase to someone else anytime, as long as you notify us by e-mail/phone.
- Sunglasses and hat
- Wear layers so that you can shed them if you are hot and bundle up if you are cold.
- Rain gear, a medium-sized backpack
- Light hiking shoes or sneakers with good tread is best.
- If snowshoeing, hiking boots or Sorrel-type boots required.
- If sight-seeing only – comfortable footwear with tread so that you can get out at the rest and viewing stops.
- Bring at least one liter of water per person. We will supply some water but you may need more.
- Bug spray
- Your required medications as is necessary