Greetings, adventurers! The aspen trees in the Rocky Mountains are barely holding on to their final yellow leaves, and while here in Denver we have yet to see snow, the mountains have already received their fair share of flurries. The holiday season is just around the corner, and it’s officially time that Aspire Tours reopens our favorite winter tour: the Breckenridge Mountain Explorer.
Breckenridge, Colorado, known for it’s iconic ski slopes and hallmark-esque homeyness, offers snow capped scenery emblematic of Colorado wintertime. Our day trip promises an unforgettable journey through the stunning mountain landscapes, coupled with the freedom to explore “Breck” at your own pace.
Here’s what you can expect on your day trip to Breckenridge from Denver.
Stop 1: Red Rocks Park & Amphitheater
Our adventure begins with a visit to Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre: a natural marvel and world-famous entertainment venue. The amphitheater has hosted some of the biggest names in music, making it a hallowed ground for both artists and music enthusiasts alike. You will have the opportunity to explore the venue and park and snap some pictures before we head deeper into the heart of the Rockies.
Stop 2: Coffee in Idaho Springs
In the historic mountain town of Idaho Springs, we'll recharge with a warm cup of coffee. This caffeine boost will carry us over Loveland Pass, where we'll cross the Continental Divide at a breathtaking 11,990 feet.
Stop 4: Sapphire Point Overlook
Before reaching Breckenridge, we'll pause at the Sapphire Point Overlook for a photo opportunity that frames the picturesque Dillon Reservoir. The views are nothing short of spectacular.
And finally... Charming Breckenridge!
Once in Breckenridge, the day is yours to shape. Explore the Victorian town, indulge in boutique shopping, savor meals in cozy restaurants, or venture out into the winter wonderland. Breck boasts a renowned ski resort, along with a plethora of year-round alpine activities and a rich Gold Rush history. There’s simply no way to hit all of Breckenridge’s attractions in just one afternoon, but here are some of our favorite activities.
- Take in the views as you ride up the Breckenridge Gondola
- Say hello to the Breckenridge Troll
- Admire the Fairy Forest
- Learn about what the town has to offer at the Breckenridge Welcome Center
Wander and Shop Historic Main Street
- See yourself in history at Breckenridge Old Time Photography
- Enjoy cheddars and charcuterie at the Cheese Shop of Breckenridge
- Treat yourself to Apres Handcrafted Libations
- Admire local artists’ creations at Arts Alive Gallery
- Find a unique souvenir at Marigold’s Farmhouse Funk & Junk or one of Breck’s many other gift shops
- Sip on mountain classics at Breckenridge Brewery & Pub
- Or, keep it classy at the Continental Divide Winery
- Take a Sleigh Ride (sleds provided!) at Carter Park
- Ice skate at the Stepehen C. West Ice Arena
Learn at Breck’s Many Museums & Exhibits
- Let the little ones explore the Mountain Top Explorium Children’s Museum
- Check out oddities at the oldest museum in Colorado, the Edwin Carter Museum
- Learn about a Colorado Civil Rights advocate and businessman at the Barney Ford Museum
- See mining history firsthand at the Washington Mine Site and Milling Exhibition
- Immerse yourself in the history of old mining trains at the High Line Railroad Park
Explore the Mountains by Foot on a Hiking Trail
- Admire an alpine lake along the Sawmill Trail
- Take in panoramic views on the Carter Park Trail
- Follow a creek on the Burro Trail
If you’re visiting Denver solo or with a small group and want to see one of Colorado’s best mountain towns but didn’t rent a car, this is the way to get there. It’s also perfect for private family, friends, or corporate group outings! You’ll get to experience the mighty Rocky Mountains and can leave the driving to us. Your knowledgeable guide will help you choose what to do with your time. When you book your Breckenridge Explorer Adventure, your day will start with unbeatable views, and end with limitless fun.